Welcome to Parkwood Christian Fellowship Baptist Church Rainham Kent
On behalf of the congregation, we want to make you feel welcome at our friendly, local church.
We are a Baptist Church serving the people of Rainham, Kent. Our Sunday morning services start at 10.30 and normally finish by 12:15. Our worship could best be described as lively and contemporary (with guitars and drums for example). We would love to meet you and chat over tea/coffee and biscuits after the service. Communion is on the first, third and fifth Sundays in the month.
We also have a number of House Groups which meet on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings around the local area. Please get in touch for more details. Prayer meetings are on 2nd and 4th Tuesday evenings of each month at the Church. If you have any prayer requests, please get in touch and we would love to pray for you. In addition to our weekly services and ministry in the community, please also find out about upcoming events at Parkwood Christian Fellowship Baptist Church Rainham Kent; that you are free to attend.
Jesus said “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.” (John 6:35). We believe that there is nothing more wonderful than knowing Jesus as our Saviour, Lord and friend. Just as bread is essential for daily nutrition, a relationship with Jesus is essential for life. We now want Him to direct us in every area of our lives, through His Holy Spirit.
The Vision for our church
Our vision for Parkwood Christian Fellowship Baptist Church Rainham Kent, has come to a number of our leaders over the years. We have a number of Oak trees in the church grounds and we believe that God has spoken to us through Isaiah 61 on many occasions, prophetically confirming our role in the community to serve and be ‘oaks of righteousness’. Here are the first three verse of Isaiah 61:
“The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to mend the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.”
Tel: 01634 231077 (not Wednesdays unless emergencies)
Parkwood Christian Fellowship Baptist Church Rainham Kent
Gillingham, Kent ME8 9PN
click for directions
Start: 10:30 a.m.
Finish: 12:15 p.m.
All age worship service with prayer and relevant Bible teaching. We also run a regular term-time Junior Church and a crèche.
House Groups (small group Bible study, prayer and fellowship):
- Becky and Freddy Arthur-Adoo’s House (Mondays)
- Tim and Vicky Scott’s House (Wednesdays)
- Elaine and Steve Harris’ House (Wednesdays)
- Chris and Carol’s Housegroup held at different venues (Wednesdays)
- Derek & Mary’s House (Thursdays)
Start: 8:00 p.m.
Finish: 10:00 p.m.
Held at Derek & Mary’s House
Monday mornings 9:45-11:30am
Held at: Church building, Parkwood, Rainham
2nd and 4th Tuesday Evenings of each month
Start: 8:00 p.m.
Finish: 9:30 p.m.
What is Parkwood Christian Fellowship (PCF)?
What is love?
What do we believe?
The Basis of the Baptist Union is:
1. That our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is the sole and absolute authority in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, and that each Church has liberty, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to interpret and administer His laws.
2. That Christian Baptism is the immersion in water into the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, of those who have professed repentance towards God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who ‘died for our sins according to the Scriptures; was buried, and rose again the third day’.
3. That it is the duty of every disciple to bear personal witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to take part in the evangelisation of the world.